If you have followed me at all on Instagram – you know I am totally OBSESSED with anything that has Bang Bang Sauce!
We started another round of Whole30 yesterday and it only seemed right to kick off the week with something totally BANGIN!
My husband and I love BLTs, the combo of chicken/bacon/ranch, and last but not least, Bang Bang Sauce.
Each one is amazing on it’s own, but their deliciousness is only magnified when you put these amazing combinations together.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much we do!
Bangin’ Chicken BLT Salad
1.5 lb Chicken Breast, cubed
3/4 cup cassava flour or tapioca flour (Use almond flour for Keto)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 egg, whisked
4 Tb avocado oil
8 oz Spring Mix
5 oz Cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
6 slices of bacon, roughly chopped and cooked until crispy
1/2 cup Whole30 approved Mayo
2 Tb Frank’s Red Hot (or other compliant hot sauce)
1/3 cup ketchup (SF for Keto)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tb Coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Brush parchment paper with 2 Tb of avocado oil
- In a gallon zip-lock bag, add chicken and whisked egg. Mix until chicken is well coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cassava flour, coconut flour, paprika, salt, and pepper
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture until well coated and arrange in a single layer on prepared sheet pan.
- Once all of the chicken is arranged on the sheet pan, drizzle with remaining 2Tb avocado oil
- Cook chicken in oven for 15 mins, then flip and continue cooking for another 15 minutes or until browned.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together mayo, hot sauce, ketchup, coconut aminos, and garlic.
- Time to assemble the salad! Coat spring mix in bang bang sauce. Top with chicken, bacon, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and drizzle additional dressing to taste!
- You can pan fry chicken if you prefer.