I’m not traditionally a “snacker” while on a round of Whole30. Many people add nuts [in moderation] to their meal plan.
When I went to Trader Joes and was tempted by the array of raw nuts. I decided it was time to roast a nut mix and picked up a few of my favorites: pecans, cashews, cashews, and pumpkin seeds!
I am obsessed with Everything But the Bagel seasoning and it seemed only natural to use this as the flavor combo!
I am excited to add these to the rotation. There are a lot of days when I find myself too busy to eat. This is a snack that I can feel good about reaching for when my tummy is rumbling and I need a quick fix.
Everything But the Bagel Roasted NutsCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
2 Tb hot water
1 tsp salt
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
2 Tb Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
1 tsp olive oil
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- While the oven preheats, dissolve salt into hot water
- In a large bowl, add pecans, walnuts, cashews, and pumpkin seeds. Add in salt water mixture and stir until well combined
- Lay nuts in single layer on prepared baking sheet
- Bake in 5 minute increments, tossing well.*
- After nuts have been baking for 10 minutes, remove from oven put nuts back into large mixing bowl.
- Add in olive oil and mix until coated.
- Add in Everything but the bagel seasoning and mix until coated.
- Return to baking sheet, and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes (careful – nuts can go from toasted to burnt very quickly)
- Remove from oven and add additional salt to taste.
- Once cooled completely, store in an air tight container.
- Nuts can burn easily. It is important to keep a close eye while cooking. Time may vary from one kitchen to the next, but ours traditionally takes approximately 15 minutes.