I don’t get sick of eating the same thing over and over again easily. I could eat eggs everyday for breakfast for the rest of time and be perfectly content.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t get excited about trying new recipes.
Chaffles seem to be one of the biggest keto staples and I totally understand why. There are also a million different ways to make them.
I’ve been slightly obsessed with my daily spoonful of peanut butter since going Keto and thought it would be fun to create a keto-friendly version of a “PB&J”.
The peanut chaffle with simple delicious toppings was quick and easy to make.
It was so freaking good that I’m planning on pre-making enough chaffles to get me through the week and eating this everyday for breakfast.
These chaffles will cost you 4.5 net carbs each, or eat the entire batch for 9!
Keto Peanut Butter & ‘Jelly’ Chaffle w/ Chia Seeds
1 Egg, scrambled
3 Tb Almond Flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp PB2 (or other powdered peanut butter)
1 Tb Water
(optional) 1 tsp sugar substitute, I use Swerve Brown.
2 Tb Creamy Peanut butter
2 Strawberries, thinly sliced
(optional) 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Preheat a mini waffle maker.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the waffle maker and cook approximately 3 minutes, or until fully cooked and turning golden brown.
- Repeat with second 1/2 of batter.
- Spread 1 Tb peanut butter on each chaffle and top with sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp chia seeds over each chaffle and enjoy!