“I can’t wait to peel, cut and seed this butternut squash” said NO ONE EVER!
This recipe is super easy to make with one ingredient: butternut squash!
It caramelizes to the point where the inside just separates from the skin and makes your home smell like Autumn.
The outside will char and turn black, but the inside will cook to perfection. You don’t need to add ANYTHING because it is so sweet and tender as is!
- Butternut Squash, whole
- Preheat oven to 450*
- Place squash on a sheet pan whole (don’t cut it, do nothing to it!). Then just let it ride in the oven for about 90 minutes.
- At the end of the 90 mins take it out and let it cool to touch. The outside will be black and the squash may have “oozed” out a bit.
- Once cool enough to touch…the magic happens! Cut the squash long way down the center.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Scoop the squash into a bowl and serve! You don’t need to add ANYTHING because it is so sweet and tender as is!