I’m not going to lie to you… I originally made this sandwich “just because.” I had no intention of turning it into a recipe for this blog, but it was so darn good that I felt not doing so would be a disservice to the Keto community.
Whats your favorite sub shop sammie? Mine is easy – steak and cheese sub.
There are a lot of restaurants that can’t seem to get the steak and cheese just right – melty cheese mixed through the steak. I’ve been missing a good ol’ steak and cheese and realized there was no reason I couldn’t turn this into a keto/low carb option myself.
You could easily add sauteed onions and peppers to make this a steak bomb, but if you’ve frequented this blog, you probably realize that I cannot stand bell peppers. My recipes will never feature them.
Not only will this recipe curb your steak and cheese sub crazings, it is SO EASY to make in little time.
Steak & Cheese Low-Carb Wrap
1lb Shaved Steak
1 Tb Avocado Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
(optional) 1 Tb Worcestershire Sauce
6 slices American Cheese
2 Low Carb Tortillas (I use Mission Foods Carb Balance, but you can also use Lavash Bread, Cut da Carb, etc)
- Heat oil in pan at medium-high heat. Add steak and cook until well done.
- Add salt, pepper, and worcestershire and mix well.
- Break up 4 slices of cheese and mix well into cooked steak until melted and coating the steak,
- Seperate the steak into the center of each tortilla and top with remaining cheese.
- If the pan leaves behind cheese residue- wipe clean with paper towel and re-apply additional oil.
- Wrap up each tortilla, making sure to tuck in the ends.
- Return filled tortillas to the pan with crease side down until lightly browned and sealed. Flip & repeat.
- This recipe is only 8.5 net carbs. Net carbs may vary based on wrap used.