Life is crazy. Living Whole30 and Paleo is hard. We’ve gone off plan more than I’d like to admit. We continue to meal plan for Whole30/Paleo, but we’ve also given in too much to social pressure.
My husband and I decided to start another Whole30 this past Monday. I couldn’t tell you what round this is for us – but I can tell you that until we can truly transform our way of eating and thinking for the long haul – I’ll continue for rounds to reset our body and mindset.
I started this round wanting EASY. With a one year old, I just don’t have time like I used to. When I get home from work, I want to spend time with her, not spending time making dinner or doing dishes.
Here is to day 4 on this round of Whole30! I’m looking forward to sharing my journey and food finds with you.
This chia bowl is delicious. It’s easy. It’s filling. It’s everything you want in a breakfast on the go. Make sure to pack some veggies to round out the meal – maybe some carrot sticks or celery.
Otherwise, this is a self contained meal that tastes amazing!
Strawberry Coconut Chia BowlCourse: BreakfastCuisine: Difficulty: Easy
5 strawberries, additional strawberries for topping
6 Tb chia seeds
1 can coconut milk, full fat
2Tb crushed pecans
2Tb shredded coconut
- Soak dates in hot water for 10-15 minutes or until soft
- Drain water from dates and place in blender with strawberries, and coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Divide between two ball jars (approx 1 cup of liquid each)
- Add 3 Tb chia seeds to each ball jar and mix well.
- Place the lids on each ball jar and place in fridge over night.
- When you’re ready to each, simply top with shredded coconut, slice strawberries, and crushed pecans. Enjoy!
- Eating on the go? Once the chia seeds have sat over night, you can add the toppings and replace the lid. Take it to go and it will be ready to eat when you are!